Join us for the latest nutritional, fitness and wellness information helping you live a better life!
Subscribe to Updates
Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss and Health
Studies have shown that adding Apple Cider Vinegar for weight loss.
It essentially acts as an appetite suppressant. Studies have shown that people who use Apple Cider Vinegar ate 200-275 calories less per day.
In addition to helping you feel fuller longer, the acid in Apple Cider Vinegar aids in digestion by helping to break down food more effectively.
While this is no small feat, remember that the best results will be achieved when combined with a healthy nutrition plan, consistent exercise, and of course, a positive attitude.
Apple Cider is no miracle supplement, but it does have many other benefits besides helping lose weight.
Other Potential Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits
- Can fight harmful bacteria
- Contains amino acids and antioxidants
- Can lower blood sugar and reduce insulin sensitivity
- May reduce the risk of heart disease
- Can lower cholesterol
- Balances pH levels
- Alleviates heartburn
- Detoxifies the body
- Helps the body absorb vitamins and minerals effectively
- Reduces stomach bloat
- Can enhance mood and improve depression
How to use Apple cider Vinegar for Weight Loss?
We prefer to take 1-2 tablespoons diluted in one glass of water 3 times a day. We usually do it before each meal, which helps us again feel fuller longer. Some prefer to drink the Apple Cider Vinegar straight, but the flavor is a bit too strong for us.
Both are effective methods, however.
We recommend trying Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar. We have been using this brand for years and trust the quality of all of the Bragg products.
You can check current prices on Amazon here.
Potential Downside of Apple Cider Vinegar
While Apple Cider Vinegar has been proven to help with weight loss, like anything, moderation is key. Apple Cider Vinegar can also have some pitfalls;
- The acid in Apple Cider Vinegar can erode teeth enamel. Might want to drink some water after taking it.
- Anecdotally Apple Cider Vinegar might exacerbate acid reflux
- Kidney Disease patients might not be able to process the excess acid. Consult your physician before taking Apple Cider Vinegar.