Join us for the latest nutritional, fitness and wellness information helping you live a better life!
Subscribe to Updates
Summer is almost here! It is a great time to enjoy food with friends and family. But just because it is summer does not mean we have to eat junk. There are lots of healthy summer meals for weight loss that are going to keep you satisfied while dieting. Here are our 5 healthy summer meals for weight loss that keep you satisfied while dieting.
Egg Salad Sandwich with Greens
This is a great lunch or dinner for a hot summer day! Packed with protein, healthy fats, and slow-burned carbs. Eggs are also one of the cheapest and best sources of protein. A top pick for our 5 Healthy Summer Meals for Weight Loss that keep you satisfied while dieting.
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, plus
- 2 hard-cooked egg whites
- 3/4 cup diced celery (about 3 medium stalks)
- 2 tbsp. low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 sliced dill pickle
- Green Salad blend (romaine and spinach)
- low fat ranch dressing
- Peel the eggs and dice.
- Place in a large mixing bowl, then adds the celery, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper, and dill.
- Stir to combine.
Serve egg salad on toasted whole wheat or sourdough bread with a dill pickle for extra crunch, and enjoy with a side of Green Salad tossed with low-fat ranch dressing
Red, White and Blue Greek Yogurt Parfaits
Instead of having the traditional strawberry shortcake with blueberries and whipped cream, opt for a healthier choice!
- 2 cups Nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 cups Raspberries, chopped
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups almond granola
Layer ingredients in a cup, serve, and enjoy!
Turkey Burgers, Sweet Potato Fries, and Salad
Sometimes you just want a nice juicy burger!
Turkey burgers are great because they taste amazing and have a lot fewer calories than traditional beef burgers.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 to 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon seasoning salt (we use Montreal steak seasoning)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 Whole Wheat Buns
- Toppings: Lettuce, tomato, pickles, onion, low-fat mayonnaise
- 4 large sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Salad – A great vegan option
- 50/50 salad green blend(romaine and spinach)
- Low-Fat ranch dressing
- Grill, Pan Fry, or broil until lightly browned and cooked, about 5 minutes per side.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Toss sweet potatoes with oil, salt, and pepper. Place fries on a baking sheet
- Bake 20-25 minutes total until golden and tender.
- Toss salad with low-fat ranch dressing
Serve burgers on a whole wheat bun with desired toppings next to fries and salad. Delicious!
Pan-Fried Salmon, Spinach, and Garlic Quinoa
This is a light, delicious recipe for you fish lovers that tastes amazing and is very low-calorie.
- 1 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt, to taste (around ¼ teaspoon salt per cup of quinoa)
- Pepper to taste
- ½ red onion, diced
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon avocado olive oil
- ½ lemon
- 1 lime
- 4 Atlantic salmon filet (1 inch thick)
- Rinse the quinoa under running water for at least 30 seconds.
- Drain well.
- Combine the water and quinoa in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then decrease the heat to a simmer.
- Cook the quinoa until all the water is absorbed, about 10 to 20 minutes, depending on the amount of quinoa.
- Reduce heat as time goes on to maintain a gentle simmer.
- Remove the pot from heat, cover, and let the quinoa steam for 5 minutes. This helps the quinoa get fluffy.
- Remove the lid and fluff the quinoa with a spoon or fork
- Combine the quinoa with the seasonings, tomatoes, onions, and spinach in a large bowl.
- Bring Salmon to room temperature for 10 minutes
- Heat nonstick skillets with avocado oil to medium-high heat
- Cook for 4 minutes on 1 side to sear the salmon
- Squeeze lime juice over the top side before turning
- Flip salmon and cook for another 3 minutes
- Remove from heat and set aside
Place the Salmon filet on top or next to the quinoa mixture, and enjoy!
Crockpot Salsa Chicken Tacos
This is an easy meal that takes very little prep. This is one of our family’s favorite summer meals for weight loss for the week.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 lbs. total)*
- 2 cups of favorite salsa
- salt and pepper
- 1 package of corn or flour tortillas
- Place chicken, salsa, salt, and pepper in a crockpot/rice cooker.
- Cook on high for 4 hours (or low for 6-8 hours)
- Remove chicken and shred
Place into tortillas and top with guacamole, hot sauce, lettuce, low-fat cheese, or low-fat sour cream.