Here at Natural Nutrition Company, we love Slow Cooker Recipes because they are fast, easy and most importantly, delicious. They are also great on your wallet because you are cooking in bulk and will mostly likely have food for the week!
Healthy crock pot recipe ideas are also great for busy families because you can prep everything, set the slow cooker to low, and have a healthy meal for the family when you all get home! There are so many possibilities when using a Slow Cooker, but here are a few of our family favorites.
For those who do not have a crock pot, we highly recommend it as a small investment. We have had the same slow cooker for over 10 years and it works flawlessly. Click here for the same crock pot we use.
Tex Mex Crock Pot Chili
- 2 – 14.5 oz. Cans diced tomatoes(do not drain)
- 2 lbs lean beef or ground turkey
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- 2 – 4 oz. cans of diced green chilies
- 2 15 oz cans of black beans drained
- 1 package of frozen white corn
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. dried or fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp. Brown sugar (optional)
***Low Carb option:omit black beans, corn, and brown sugar***
Add all ingredients in crock pot on low heat for 8 hours. Turn off heat, stir and let cool for 5-10 min before serving. Also goes great on rice. Enjoy!
Crock Pot BBQ Pork Sliders
- 4 lb pork shoulder roast
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (we use Kraft brand)
- ¼ light brown sugar
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp chili powder
1 extra large onion, chopped
- 1 pack of Sweet Hawaiian rolls
- Salt and Pepper to taste
***Low Carb option: omit Hawaiian rolls and use low carb BBQ sauce***
Add all ingredients in crock pot on low heat for 8 hours. Turn off heat, stir, and let cool for 5-10 min before serving Spread on toasted Hawaiian rolls for a delicious and hearty meal!
Crock Pot Beef Pot Roast Stew with Vegetables
- 4 lbs Chuck Beef Roast
- 1 packet of dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 potatoes chopped
- 1 stalk of chopped celery
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
Place all ingredients in crock pot on low heat for 8 hours. Turn off heat and let cool for 5-10 min before serving
***Low Carb Option: omit potatoes***
Crock Pot Chicken Mexican Style
- 2 lbs chicken breast
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 1 4 oz can mild green chilis
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Hot sauce to taste
Add all ingredients in crock pot on low heat for 6 hours. Turn off heat and let cool for 5-10 min before serving. Shred chicken on cutting board and place back into the crock pot so it absorbs all the juices. Place in a flour or corn tortilla and top with sour cream, avocado, Mexican cheese, or salsa.
***Low Carb Option: omit tortillas and eat on top of salad***
For more great healthy crock pot recipe ideas, we recommend this great Crock Pot Recipe Collection.
With much appreciation,
Nick Hazleton, CNC, LMT
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.
Nick and Laura
Latest posts by Nick and Laura (see all)
- One of The Best Gum Disease Remedies - 09/15/2017
- Top 3 Best Detox Tea for Weight Loss and to Remove Stubborn Belly Fat - 09/13/2017
- The Best Probiotic Supplement To Heal Your Gut - 08/08/2017